Tendonitis also known as tendinitis, is the inflammation of a tendon, which attaches muscle to the bone. Tendonitis can occur in multiple parts of the body. Madison Physical Therapy in Brooklyn located both in Bay Ridge and Sheepshead Bay has a great team of certified physical therapists that can guarantee you leave each visit feeling stronger and happier.
While tendonitis can occur from a sudden injury, it is more likely that tendonitis stems from repeating a particularmovement over time. A majority of individuals experience tendonitis from their jobs or hobbies because they involve repetitive movements which put stress on tendons that are needed to perform the tasks.
A few symptoms of tendonitis include:
- Pain in the affected area and worsens when moved
- Swelling in the affected area
- The affected area may be hot/red
- A lump along the tendon
- Sudden aches
Consequently, there are certain risk factors that come along with tendonitis that should be brought to your attention. These risk factors include:
- Age because as people get older their tendons become less flexible, which increases the chance of an injury.
- Jobs that include forceful exertion, repetitive motions, awkward positions, and vibration.
- Sports such as running, golf, tennis, swimming, bowling, and basketball.
The treatment for tendonitis takes some time and understanding in order to heal correctly. Treatments can differ but often require:
- Wearing a cold wrap as much as possible to relieve pain and swelling
- Avoiding restraining the injury
- Resting your injury and stimulate healthy blood flow
- Medication which is sometimes needed depending on the amount of pain
- Medical tape (not athletic tape)
Madison Physical Therapy in both Bay Ridge and Sheepshead Bay can promise significant results towards your recovery. Usually tendonitis is painful and we want to assure that you are getting all the help you need. If you are experiencing tendonitis, please call our physical therapy in Brooklyntoday!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018