Geriatric Exercise Program
As you get older your body stops working the same way it used to. It gets harder to complete daily tasks and the muscles in your body begin to ache. This happens to everyone during the process of aging but if you want to stop this problem from getting worse visit a Bay Ridge Physical Therapist to help you take care of your problem.
At Madison Physical Therapy we take care of your needs and work with you to develop a geriatric exercise program to keep you and your body in shape. While making an exercise program it is important to incorporate strength, stretching, and balance in your work out.
Exercises you can try at home:
- Abdominal contractions
- Wall pushups
- Pelvic tilts
- Shoulder blade squeeze
- Toe taps
- Heel raises
- Knee lifts
- Shifting weight
- Single leg balance
These are just some of the many you can try at home. Here is the full list and descriptions on how to do each one. If you find it difficult to do these on your own visit a Bay Ridge Physical Therapist that can work with you to make each exercise more comfortable for you and your body. Working out alone is never easy which is why having someone there to help guide you is always helpful. Take a look at our team of Bay Ridge Physical Therapist that are more than capable of helping you with your geriatric exercise program.
Physical health benefits:
- Helps you maintain or lose weight
- Reduces the impact of illness and chronic diseases
- Enhances mobility, flexibility, and balance
Mental health benefits:
- Improves sleep
- Boosts mood and self-confidence
- Helps the brain
If you find yourself struggling with an exercise plan come down to Madison Physical Therapy and have one of our Bay Ridge Physical Therapist help you with your next workout!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018