Staying Safe This Winter
It's that time of the year where we all like to enjoy our favorite holiday movies and spend time with the ones we love. As nice as the season is, it's important to stay safe and still use your better judgment when dealing with the colder weather. Lucky for you, here are some tips to have a safe and happy holiday season!
- Stretch Before performing a high-level activity, like shoveling or playing a winter sport, make sure you devote some time to stretching out muscles and limbs. Stretching allows your muscles and body to warm up, helping prevent tears and sprains.
- Bundle Up; Be sure to be wearing the proper footwear and clothing for the weather. While the proper jacket and boots will keep the chances of getting sick slim, it's also good for preventing falls and protecting you from injury.
- Think Ahead If a snowy day is coming up, be sure to throw salt or other ice-melting agents on the driveway before the weather hits. Also, if you have a garage, be sure to put your car in there to avoid having to shovel it out of the snow.
Following these steps can assure that you'll spend less time in bed and more time enjoying the crisp, fresh air!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018