Aging is something that most of us fear. Whether it’s the loss of hair, the formation of wrinkles or that achey, prolonging back-pain, aging is something that eventually everyone must face. However, just because you grow old, doesn’t mean you can’t age gracefully. Anything from a healthy diet to daily exercise can assure that your health won’t be a concern as you get older. If you are looking for Physical therapy in Sheepshead Bay or Bay Ridge, doing so can help get your pain under control through various therapeutic exercises.
One of the most important points of aging gracefully is consistently working out your body, not only as a hobby but also as a way for the body to be in the best shape possible. In a related study, the research conducted showed the importance of working out to assure a healthy lifestyle.
These are some research points
- 150 minutes of vigorous physical exercise per week can assure a prosperous aging process.
- One study of 12,000 Australian men aged between 65 and 83 found that those who worked out for about 30 minutes of exercise five times a week were healthier and less likely to be dead 10-13 years after the start of the study.
- Individuals who were in a stationary state, even when the researchers accounted for smoking habits, marital status, body mass index and other factors were more likely to have passed away towards the end of the study.
When regarding graceful aging, it’s also good to have a healthy and balanced diet. Here are some steps to having the best eating habits
- Well balanced diet - having meals that lack salt, oil and other ingredients should be avoided.
- Green, leafy vegetables - aside from dark green and leafy vegetables being very nutritious and filling for diets, they’re also fat-free and cholesterol-free, providing nutritious value for any meal.
- Don’t skip meals - not eating at least three meals a day and skipping multiple meals can regulate the nutrients your body receives from eating, affecting your metabolism and freeing your body of any energy.
- Healthy seasonings - meals with ingredients containing cinnamon, garlic, chili peppers and other things have natural effects that have a positive effect on the body.
Living a healthy lifestyle, from a healthy diet to exercising, can be the first step to a successful process of aging gracefully. Physical therapy in Sheepshead Bay is assisting anyone in pain to recover as fast as possible so that they can pursue a well-heeled way of living.
For more information on how to get your function back, contact Madison Physical Therapy today!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018