What Does Manual Therapy Do?
Manual therapy is used by physical therapists to treat a wide variety of injuries and conditions. At Madison Physical Therapy in Brooklyn, this approach is used in conjunction with other therapies and modalities in order to provide the most optimal treatment plan. Depending on your bodily condition, our therapists will be able to use various manual therapy techniques in order to reduce pain, decrease myofascial restrictions, facilitate range-of-motion, and reduce swelling and inflammation.
How Does Manual Therapy Work?
Manual therapy is pressure applied by hand to strategic muscle groups in order to alleviate many ailments. This technique activates the body’s natural healing process through increased circulation, the break up of scar tissue, and the overall relaxation of these muscles. When a physical therapist wants to apply manual therapy to a joint, the technique will vary based on the type of the joint and the nature of the injury. Calculated movements of the joint are used at varied speeds in order to help improve joint function. This will also help to promote healing as well as flexibility.
Manual Therapy Can Alleviate:
- Neck Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Thoracic Spine or Mid-Back Pain
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Ankle Pain
- and more!
Also, manual therapy is an excellent technique for those living with chronic pain as regular pain treatment is necessary.
We Offer Manual Therapy!
Madison Physical Therapy in Brooklyn provides manual therapy to those living all over Kings County including Sheepshead Bay and Bay Ridge. From athletic injuries to headaches, manual therapy has been proven to be an effective method for holistic healing. At your first appointment, our physical therapists will perform an evaluation in order to examine the area causing pain and discomfort. From there they will formulate a customized treatment plan to help you achieve optimal results.
For physical therapy in Brooklyn, contact us today!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018