Physical Therapy for Baseball Injuries
Now that the weather is warm, that means it’s finally baseball season. Baseball is a fun sport that you can play with your friends or with an actual team. However, you must be wary of the injuries that can happen to you. At Madison Physical Therapy, we can help treat your baseball injuries with our physical therapy in Brooklyn.
- Torn rotator cuff: A torn rotator cuff is one of the most common injuries among baseball players because of the frequent use of the shoulder. The rotator cuff is located on your shoulder, and the overuse of the muscle or improper throwing motion can lead to a tear in this muscle.
- UCL injury: The UCL, or ulnar collateral ligament, is located in your elbow and is caused by repetitive stress that is placed on the muscles and ligaments in the elbow. This injury is often referred to as Tommy John injury. A Tommy John injury is usually found in pitchers because of the amount of stress that is placed on the elbow as a result of the number of pitches thrown, as well as the velocity of the pitches.
- ACL or MCL injuries: Knee injuries are also common among baseball players as well. Since diving, sliding, jumping and running are all apart of the game, this type of condition has been known to occur to baseball players.
- Sprains and strains: Sprain and strains are apart of almost every sport, but especially baseball. Since baseball players use a variety of different muscles throughout their body, the likelihood of spraining or straining a muscle or ligament is much higher. These sprains or strains can occur in a number of different places, but the most common spots are in the shoulder, elbow, forearm, knee, hamstring, calf, and ankle.
How we can help
Physical therapy is a widely used and successful way to help baseball players treat their injuries and get them back to the diamond. We can provide stretches and exercises to help strengthen muscles or ligaments that may have been strained or sprained. Physical therapy is also a great way to recover from an injury that may have required surgery like a UCL injury or a torn rotator cuff. Here at Madison Physical Therapy, we offer physical therapy in Brooklyn and our expert physical therapists are here to help you with whatever injury you may have sustained while playing baseball.
Baseball is a game that requires the use of your whole body, and as a result, injuries are common. Whether it is an upper-body injury or a lower-body injury, Madison Physical Therapy has physical therapy in Brooklyn to help you. Our goal is to help treat whatever injury you may have so that you can get back playing the game you love! Make sure to contact us today for an appointment.
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018