Happy Holidays! Stay Safe This Season
Although the holiday season is a great time of the year, you want to make sure that you’re in the best possible health so you can enjoy the season. From constantly moving from place to place trying to do last minute gift shopping, to spending time with your family, your body can become run down in if you’re not properly taking care of it. This season, take some steps to improving your lifestyle and making this season the best one yet!
- Bundle up: this time of year, the weather is getting much colder. Not only can this result in getting a cold, but can affect your joint and muscles, bringing you increased discomfort. To avoid this, over-layering can help keep your body warm and decrease the risk of getting future injury.
- Exercise: while it is enticing to want to stay inside and stay watching your favorite movie, it’s important to at least put some time in for proper exercise. Lack of exercise can lead to decreased range of motion and more joint pain.
- Diet: having a proper diet this holiday season can provide you with good health and can provide you with some nutritional value, especially since the holidays involve indulging in our favorite meals. Some meals and ingredients you can incorporate into your diet include:
- Root vegetables
- Spicy tuna roll
Don’t risk getting sick or injured this season. Whether it’s diet, proper exercise, or properly preparing for the cold, these tips can help make the holidays even better! If you’ve been injured or aren’t feeling yourself, contact us today to start your treatment!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018