Relief for Back Spasms
Back spasms are described as involuntary tightening or cramping of the muscles in the back. A spasm can also be a sprain or a strain, and it feels like a “knot.” The spasms can be brought on by injury, swelling, or dehydration. The sudden and painful tightening of a spasm occurs sporadically, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to a few days. If you are experiencing severe back spasms, it is important to seek out an experienced physical therapist. If you are in need of physical therapy in Brooklyn, the specialists at Madison Physical Therapy are determined to get you feeling better as quickly as possible without any need for surgery or medications.
A back spasm can occur whether you are doing something physically challenging or just going about your day as normal. You will know you have a back spasm when you feel a sharp, sudden pain in your lower back caused by an involuntary contraction of the muscles. In addition, a back spasm can be indicated by:
- Lower back tension
- Difficulty moving after bending down
- Intense, sudden lower back pain
- Weakness in lower back and/or hips/li>
- lRandom, frequent cramping sensation
A great treatment option for relief from the pain caused by back spasms is physical therapy. Our physical therapy in Brooklyn offers several treatments that work to relieve pain from back spasms in whatever way works best for you. Treatments utilized by our team include:
- Deep tissue massage: targets spasms and tense muscles through direct pressure to release tension.
- Hot and cold therapies: heat allows for increased blood flow and brings more oxygen and nutrients to the area, while cold slows circulation to reduce inflammation, spasms, and pain.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): uses a machine to stimulate muscles through the use of an electrical current.
- Active treatments: your physical therapist will show you different exercises to help improve strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
If you are finding yourself suffering from frequent and painful back spasms, there is no reason to suffer any longer. Our physical therapy in Brooklyn can help you. With various treatment options and an excellent staff, Madison Physical Therapy is here to give you the help you need. a href="https://www.madisonptot.com/contactus">Contact us today to get the results you have been searching for.
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018