Men’s Health Month
Health is Wealth!
June is Men’s health month and it is never too late to start taking care of yourself! Men have a life expectancy that is five years shorter than women. This June, change your health habits to ensure that your health is a top priority. Here are some ways you can consistently practice good health habits:
- Visit The Doctor: Heart disease is the number one cause of death for men. Why? Men on average visit the doctor about 25 percent less than women do. This lack of visitation leaves a substantial amount of room for preventable diseases to claim a man’s life. Make an effort to visit the doctor four times a year, especially if you’re of older age.
- Be Active: It goes without saying that staying active can be incredibly beneficial for your physical wellness. Working out for just 30 minutes a day will greatly increase a man’s well-being, lower his weight, and even benefit mental health. Whether it’s by yourself or with a partner, incorporating different exercises can benefit you!
Three 30 Minute activities To Keep Your Father Active
- Walk the dog: If you have a dog, you both can benefit from a brisk walk. This is a good exercise for mental and physical well-being, as dogs are known to reduce stress and anxiety, as well as keep up a good walking pace. Even a half-hour walk around the neighborhood can accumulate to enough physical activity for you.
- Go for a swim: Swimming is one of the most productive forms of exercise. Hitting just about every muscle in the human body, 30 minutes of swimming will submit an effective burn. In fact, swimming is an excellent cardiovascular exercise, as it improves circulation, heart strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Ride a bike: Bike riding is another activity that offers countless benefits. Some positive aspects of biking include reduced fat, strengthened bones, reduced stress, and improved joint mobility. Due to the low impact of the activity, even older individuals can enjoy!
At Madison Physical Therapy, we’re focusing on improving the lives of every individual we meet at our practice. For Men’s Health Month, we encourage everyone to stay active and make positive changes in their lives. If you’re in pain or discomfort, take the first step to recovery and contact us today.
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018