Physical Therapy for Tendonitis
Unfortunately, painful injuries such as tendonitis can occur throughout the body. Depending on the location of the affected area and extent of discomfort, your condition may call for treatment from physical therapy. Madison Physical Therapy offers physical therapy in Bay Ridge with specialists that treat clients to give them optimal pain relief. There are a variety of exercises and activities you can perform under the supervision of our specialists to get you on track to a speedy recovery.
Tendonitis typically develops over time but can be prompted by a sudden injury. A majority of individuals that suffer from tendonitis develop it from their occupations, sports, or repeating a specific movement too much. An overuse injury is caused by excess stress that is placed on the tendons as a result of performing a task that involves movement.
Symptoms of tendonitis can include the following:
- Pain, swelling, and discomfort in the affected area.
- Experiencing a warm feeling and tenderness.
- Lumps along the tendon.
If you are an athlete, have a hands-on job, or are an older adult, you are more susceptible to developing tendonitis. Athletes and those whose jobs require repetitive movements, forceful exertions, and awkward positioning for long periods of time, are more susceptible to tendonitis. If you are older in age, your tendons naturally become less flexible with age, increasing the chance of injury.
How Physical Therapy Can Help
Treatment for tendonitis can be extensive depending on the area and level of discomfort. Our team at Madison Physical Therapy in Bay Ridge will curate a personalized recovery plan for your specific case designed to get you moving as soon as possible.
Some treatments our specialists may recommend include:
- Applying the cold wrap to reduce pain and swelling.
- Limit physical activity and only perform exercises that stimulate blood flow.
- Avoid restraining the affected area.
- Pain medication.
- Applying medical tape.
If you suspect you are experiencing tendonitis, seeking attention from a professional is critical. Contact Madison Physical Therapy and connect with our physical therapy specialists who are dedicated to tending to your unique needs. Don’t suffer through the pain -- get the help you need and deserve. Schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapists today!
- Hip Replacement Recovery ExercisesJune 28, 2019
- Physical Therapy for TendonitisJune 24, 2019
- Men’s Health MonthJune 17, 2019
- Recovering from a DislocationApril 27, 2019
- Relief for Back SpasmsApril 19, 2019
- Recovery from a DiscectomyMarch 26, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Your Balance DisorderMarch 19, 2019
- Get Ready for Baseball Season!March 9, 2019
- What Are Nerve Entrapments?January 10, 2019
- Physical Therapy for Joint ReplacementDecember 23, 2018